Eco Quakers Ireland invite you to join us for an autumn outing to Sonairte (the National Ecology Centre) at Laytown, County Meath on Sunday 25th September 2011.
Itinerary – Eco Quakers Autumn Outing to Sonairte
9.45 am : Private bus departs Churchtown Meeting House
10.45 am : Arrive at Sonairte, coffee and scones on arrival
11.15 – 11.45 : Meeting for Worship in quiet upstairs room
11.45 onwards : Choice of activities highlighting Apples
- History of the Sonairte walled garden and its native Irish Apple varieties
- Cooking with apples
- Demonstration of apple tree pruning (bring your own secateurs)
- Tour of the garden and information on organic gardening
- Riverside woodland walk and ancient rath
- Museum and shop
- Light lunch (soup/salad) of organic produce
The bus will return at 4.00 pm (approx.) – arr. Churchtown by 5.00 pm
There will be a charge of €20 – €25 per head, to include all meals and activities at Sonairte. There will be no extra charge for bus transport.
Places on the bus must be reserved in advance.
Friends intending to join in this outing should contact Gillian Armstrong at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more about Eco Quakers.