JOB TITLE: Youth Co-ordinator x 3
RESPONSIBLE TO: Yearly Meetings Committee in Ireland, through the Youth Co-ordinator Support Group
HOURS: There are 6 hours allocated per week to be worked flexibly over the year to meet the requirements of the post ie. some activities will require greater time while other times of the year will be quiet
The Youth Co-ordinators within the Yearly Meeting of Ireland will work in partnership with parents and Preparative Meetings to support the spiritual growth of our young people. They need to be sensitive to all viewpoints among Friends and as such need to be able to promote the spiritual journey and exploration for all. The outcome of a Youth Co-ordinator’s work should include the nurturing of our young people both socially and spiritually in an environment of openness and integrity which we hope will strengthen the Yearly Meeting in Ireland’s future.
- Develop consistent and regular contact with Young Friends in Ireland, identifying their needs and responding to these through the provision of events, gatherings and other opportunities for them to feel and be part of the Society of Friends in Ireland.
- To provide space for the spiritual development and exploration of Quakerism among Young Friends.
- To attend relevant meetings of the Youth Support Committee, Education committee and IYMC on a rotational basis
- To be a leader on ensuring our responsibilities re Child Safeguarding are followed
- To facilitate and provide training to young adults, parents and others who wish to become youth leaders
- To assist with national events, including Youth Programme at IYM and other residentials, ensuring Young Friends from all over the country get to meet, have fun and explore their Quakerism in an open, trusting and fun way.
- To ensure all records and administrative tasks are carried out including providing reports when required.
- To liaise with the other two co-ordinators in the carrying out of this work.
- To establish links with other Churches, organisations and relevant agencies
Personnel Specifications available here.
Informal enquires should be made to: Sheilagh Reaper Reynolds : firstname.lastname@example.org
Application form is available by downloading here.
Closing date for receipt of application forms and cover letter is: Friday 25th September 2020