Monkstown Meeting House is open to in-person worship.

If you have any queries regarding attendance, please contact

Meeting House on the corner of Carrickbrennan and Pakenham Roads in Monkstown
Meeting House on the corner of Carrickbrennan and Pakenham Roads in Monkstown. A94 H9D6.

The Meeting House is located on Pakenham Road, Monkstown, Co. Dublin.   EirCode is A94 H9D6.  Meeting for Worship takes place every Sunday at 10.30 am.  All are welcome, please arrive in good time.  There is currently no Junior Meeting.

News about Monkstown Meeting and Monkstown Friends can be found on the Monkstown Blog at

Nearby is Temple Hill Burial Ground.  EirCode A94 HH33.

Historical note: A Meeting was settled in Kingstown (now Dun Laoghaire) in 1830 and building of the present Meeting House began in 1832. Opening of the railway – in whose development Thomas Pim and other Quakers played a major part – led to an increase in the numbers of Friends living in the district. The building was soon found to be too small and the first of many extensions was added in 1837. The present ceiling was inserted after a serious fire in 1880 and further substantial changes were made in 1968, including the removal of a balcony and a rather ornate elders’ bench. In 1998 the small and uncomfortable caretaker’s cottage was replaced with a new house.

Monkstown Meeting is part of Dublin Monthly Meeting.

%d bloggers like this: