Hi ! I am Carolyn Ritchie,
This is a new role in Ireland Yearly Meeting and I am the first person in the job. It’s a fantastic opportunity and big challenge. I am really excited about it.
I am committed to playing an active part in the social and spiritual nurturing of Young Friends. I want to support and encourage the development of existing work among Young Friends. I also plan to explore new avenues to stimulate and empower Young Friends in becoming actively involved in our Society. I have been strongly influenced by my experiences visiting North West Yearly Meeting in America.
Responsibilities of the Youth Co-ordinator:
Work with the Young Friends and volunteers to develop and deliver activities and events which:
- Develop consistent and regular contact with Young Friends in Ireland,
- provide space for spiritual development and exploration of Quakerism,
- respond to identified needs and aspirations;
- develop and nurture Young Friends;
- empower Youth Committee;
- support and develop existing work among Young Friends;
- encourage the fun element of building relationships,
- Write up and evaluate programmes as part of the ongoing development of this work.
Please get in touch with me at The Moyallon Centre near Portadown or Quaker House, Dublin. I will be visiting Meetings and the Youth events programme is under way.
My mobile number is : 07834571117 if calling from the North
or 00447834571117 from the South
My email address is : email@example.com
I look forward to meeting you all soon.